<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1013648195912493606?origin\x3dhttp://dinah-t13.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
♥Basic Courtesy♥

DINAH BEE
ANDERSON SECONDARY SCHOOL
NGEE ANN POLYTECHNIC
17 Years Old
Loves crapping
Your profile here.

♥Cravings♥

dance,dance,dance
Your wishlist here

♥Rantages♥

JUMPER!

♥Run-aways♥

.JAY-R.
Girlfriend.
Brothers.
Your links here!

♥Credits♥

Designer: JAY-R






NOW AND FOREVER

♥♥A-D-I-N-A♥♥

Sunday, June 22, 2008


We tend to hear this ever so often,
‘Manage your time well and you’ll be successful.’
‘See lah Dinah. This is what happens when you DON’T MANAGE YOUR TIME’
But how exactly can one manage their time?? I mean you guys speak of it as if it’s a little puppy to be tamed and everything will be fine. (How I wish!)

Then another thought comes into my mind, it’s MY life, so it’s MY 24hours and like duh I will manage it!
NO! It IS my life, yes, but have I been managing it well? Hmm…. Questionable.

And, do any of you feel like me? That 24h is JUST not enough!! And that time is passing by waaaaaay too fast especially when you’re sleeping? Or eating super great food? Ugh! It always happens to me! As soon as I touch my pillow, I hear the most irritating noise (which used to be my favourite song) waking me up.

Problem!
Sometimes, all these ease and accessibility makes it all too easy for me to just hit the snooze button and doze off for another 5 minutes…. And another 5minutes…. And another. That is the problem with me. With no one to stop me and watch over me, I tend to take things a tad bit too easily. When my mother used to be home, I would hear her screaming from one end of the house 15minutes before my alarm goes off. That would irritate the wits out of me.
But now, with that in control, I have been the victim of the snooze-and-skip-breakfast syndrome. Yes, I sleep through my supposed 15minutes breakfast time. But hey, lucky for me, the bus ride to school is a whole 1hour 25minutes! That gives me enough time for breakfast AND lunch!

Okay okay, point taken!
I shall refrain from hitting the snooze button and STOP eating breakfast in the bus. It is STILL against the law.

Problem!
You know I actually do keep track of deadlines and am not exactly the type who leaves stuff for the last second. Yet lately, I find myself begging God to just spare me another hour of staying alert. I just cannot seem to finish my stuff on time!
No, I’ve not been watching too much TV.
No, there is no one home to distract me.
No, I do not spend too much time on my CCA.
Yes, the ringing handy has been a distraction.
Yes, I have been spending too much time on the computer doing not so important things.
Yes, I have given myself too many munching breaks.
Yes, I have too many responsibilities and I just cannot say no.

Okay okay, no excuses Dinah.
I shall not shoulder ANYMORE responsibilities than I already have. I am NOT Superwoman nor a Powerpuff Girl. I will TRY my best to sit on my phone and not wake up till I have completed my task and deserve a break. I will also buy an organizer to indicate free days for any other activities so that they will not clash.


Dinah Bee Bte Shaik Nazeemuddin has been a victim of human overload! Hahaha! Or so I think. For a petite (not short) girl like myself, I really think that the world should just GIMME A BREAK!
Beginning from ALL the household chores (excluding cooking), to my own schoolwork, to teaching tuition, to project time, to family time, to quality time with my boyfriend (School NOT considered)
I think I deserve a break from a few of these things once in awhile. The worst part is, it’s not as if I’m really good at all these things, so it really takes up time and effort. 24h a day, 7 days in a week, can all these be settled?
Yes it can.

Seriously, LMS has pushed me to the limit to really make me think and assess my situation. I’m no longer a little girl anymore where whatever I do, Daddy’ll protect me. I’ve been forced out of Daddy’s safe care and out into the wild. Life is at its best, yet at its most dangerous. One wrong turn and there goes your 24hours! Deadline’s up, you lose…
So what have I done to better the situation now that I know of more ways to manage my life and my time?

GOOD JOB, MATE!
For starters, I have begun saying no to people. No doubt hurting them, but at least I don’t push myself off the cliff trying to do things for others when my own stuff is unsettled. It’s not as if they’d die without my help. Hehehe….. Sorry my dear busy brother. Your little sister is busy too!

I have also put my hand phone to good use; as my to-do list. It tells me the whole lotta things I WANT to do, and in another separate, more concise page, list of things that I NEED to do and by when. How nice.
I have also come up with a long long list of short term goals and long term goals. This keeps me spurred on and motivated to continue pursuing my goals.

An example of my short term goal is
36: Give yourself a break, treat yourself to a bar of chocolate of your choice every Friday.TGIF!

Long term goal
2: Have a bank balance of $1000 just by saving on your monthly allowance.
3: Psycho Dad into giving you higher monthly allowance.

Not bad for starters eh?
I will work on the two earlier points. Buy an organizer and make full use of it, don’t stop saying no until I really feel like saying yes, and allocate my sleeping time properly and have healthy sleeping habits.

Labels:



♥adina♥